Is Wen Hair Care worth buying?

Is the Wen Hair Care system by Chaz Dean worth buying? I heard that it made some peoples hair fall out and that makes me nervous about trying it even though I know that everybody is different. I just like the idea that its a product thats not test on animals and its suppousedly healthy for your hair.

Favorite Answer

I tried WEN for 8 months, so I think I can speak on it. It was a gift from my best friend, who raved about it. After what she bought me was gone, I repurchased and it is quite expensive. You get a 16oz bottle in which you have to use a certain number of pumps to do your hair. If you have thick or long hair, you could use up the entire bottle in just a few uses.They promote the fact that they use all these natural ingredients, but in my opinion it is overpriced hype that used celebrities to make it popular. When I first used it my hair was great, seemed like it really made a difference. When I repurchased I noticed my hair got very dull and even dry & looked lifeless. I finally had to shampoo my hair just to get some body back in it. Many women co-wash their hair and that is all WEN is. It's an expensive conditioner to wash your hair with. All you have to do is buy an inexpensive conditioner with good ingredients and wash your hair with it. Conditioner washes your hair very well and leaves it moisturized and not stripped. Trader joe's has a great NATURAL conditioner called Nourish Spa, Tresemme is another one. Most ladies that co-wash love VO-5 moisturizing conditioners, they're like 99 cents. My favorite is the VO-5 freesia. Tons of youtube videos on this subject. I would not invest in WEN, not worth the money. You can get better results with the products I just listed.

You've heard of WEN right? Uses about 26 squirts, that's like half the bottle, so you can buy more. Another money making propaganda. Example one user about WEN: "I got thick curly hair and tried the layer thing and it just made my hair look bigger. I tried thining it out and I just ended up with even bigger hair. I also tried heavy duty leave in moisturizer to weigh it down to no avail. Even spent $60 on Wen and that just dried my hair out as well as olive oil and coconut oil just dries it out really bad. I gave up and I just let it grow out longer and most of the time I keep it pinned up."

My DIL uses that, but it looked like she used Samy found at Rite-Aid or Walgreens and I've seen result of Samy also. . . or I wouldn't be recommending products here, since I don't get credits for doing that.

Example from one from a YAHOO responder: "Just a warning: I got wen hair care last year, since my hair is frizzy and poofy naturally.

IT DID NOTHING. I followed all the instructions for about 3 weeks, and it had no effect. Your hair may be different, but I just thought I'd warn you."

And another from one Hair Top Contributore: "I tried Wen 2 different times and it make my hair fall out in chunks in the shower. Like hand fulls of hair. Not a good product."

If I bottle all my tips & suggestions and charge people $45 each, would people buy it? Of course not! I'm a nobody, but you get them all FREE ON YA HAIR.

HEAT & CHEMICALS are hair's worst enemies. If you're not using those, your hair is already HEALTHY.

"CRUELTY FREE" OR "NOT TESTED IN ANIMALS" MEANS THAT NO ANIMAL TESTING WAS DONE ON THE PRODUCT AND ITS INGREDIENTS.

Believe it or not

Even if a product never was tested in animals, there's a very good chance its ingredients were. A company might call its products "cruelty free" because it isn't doing any animal testing on these ingredients now, although the ingredients may have been tested on animals in the past. In some cases, "no new animal testing" might be a more accurate claim.

IF A PRODUCT IS LABELED "ALL NATURAL" OR "ORGANIC," IT'S PROBABLY HYPOALLERGENIC.False

Remember, poison ivy is all natural, too! But you probably don't want it on your skin. It is very possible to have an allergic reaction, or other irritation, from products labeled "all natural" or "organic." For example, lanolin, from sheep's wool, is a common natural ingredient in some moisturizers that sometimes causes allergic reactions.

In the beauty industry, there is no industry-agreed meaning for terms like 'organic' or 'natural'. Unlike the food industry, these terms are not regulated for cosmetics which means companies can use these terms pretty freely.

Also, products like shampoo, conditioner and body wash are mostly made of water so therefore are mostly natural (because water is natural, right?). So if a shampoo is 90% water, then a company can simply claim "90% organic or natural" and be telling the truth. Certainly, this isn't in the spirit of what people believe organic to mean, but it is within the law.

Don't believe the hype: "For skin care products, 'organic is not enough,. Some organic products are fabulous, and some are not." ~ Dr. Lisa Chipps , M.D. specializes in removing skin cancer & repairing the resultant wound (laser therapy whiz) in Rodeo Drive.

"Organic skin care products are trendy, but that does not mean nonorganic ones are dangerous," Wendy E. Roberts, M.D. past president of the Women's Dermatologic Society.

~ Glamour May 2012

Sources:

http://shine.yahoo.com/beauty/does-organic-mean-be...

Source(s): Visit the FDA website, type in your search COSMETICS. 5 decades of great hair know how, previously damaged by perming & dyeing in the 80's & 90's. I'm all for healthy hair care now.

No, don't buy it ! I used it and it broke my hair off as well as my mom's. When we wanted a refund, they took a lot of money out of her account and she had to go through a long process to get it back. They are very shady people, so don't do it. You will just lose hair and be unhappy.

I have it. If you have dry or curly hair then definetly yes. But if you hair straight hair then it might get a little greesy.

Source(s): Me

it has gotten pretty bad reviews.. i wouldnt buy it. also, if you dont straighten your hair or something everyday, than it is already pretty healthy. if it is frizzy or dry, you should buy argan oil or coconut oil. it will moisturize your hair and fix your flyaways.