?
Lv 4

How Many Questions,Scandals,Fallacies Can You List About Jehovah's Witnesses?

Theres just so many . Please give links to your sources .

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I really like http://jwfacts.com/

It neatly and clearly organizes the various controversies surrounding the Jehovah's Witnesses and the owner of the site, Paul Grundy, is a great guy.

There are so many scandals and fallacies that you could fill encyclopedias full of them. Every piece of literature they produce, when held under a critical lens, reveals how deep the deception really goes. There is a reason why they don't allow their members to look at so-called "apostate" websites and it's because sites like these instantly gets rid of the smoke and mirrors.

• 8 years ago

The greatest fallacy they teach that separates them from Christianity is their lack of belief that Jesus is truly and fully God. This belief destroys the Gospel and as a result destroys Jesus veracity as the Messiah. If Jesus was not God and thus the perfect Lamb of God then He was a pretender as the Messiah prophesied.

They are a modernist version of the Arian heresy of the 4th century named after the heretical bishop Arius. In the year 325AD Arianism was condemned by the Church whose authority to do so comes directly from Christ. Those that believe as Arius were found in anathema for all times and condemned to an eternity in hell unless they repent and come into belief in Christ as the second person of the Trinity. The Trinity is the fundamental and essential belief of Christianity that the Watchtower and its followers the Jehovah Witnesses deny. Through the Jehovah Witnesses Satan is able to deny Christ and His Gospel as the JW's are Satan's willing accomplices. As Christians we should pray that they be delivered from this evil sect and come into the belief that Jesus is indeed fully man and fully God in His incarnation. God bless!

In Christ

Fr. Joseph

• 8 years ago

I think their most inexcusable doctrinal error is the way they arbitrarily interpret the passage about the tree in Daniel 4 as pointing to God's kingdom being established in 1914. It's a glaring leap of speculation and assumption that is out of character with their usual by-the-book, not-going-beyond-what-is-written approach to scripture.

You only have to look at the litany of errors they formerly had surrounding the significance of that date, to see that it cannot be trusted as being true. I suspect they only stuck with this year because world war I broke out that year and they regard that as confirming their beliefs about the date. The reasoning they employ for making the case that the 7 times of Daniel 4 point to something other than what is stated there, is highly speculative and not based on scripture. And because they have fixed 1914 as the time of the start of christ's parousia, they then interpret the timeline of events associated with his parousia all wrong.

Here's a typical example of how their 1914 doctrine leads to other errors. They claim that the resurrection of the anointed has already begun starting at or shortly after 1919. But this contradicts their own bible. 1 Thessalonians 4:16 associates the resurrection of the anointed with the sound of a trumpet. Which trumpet? 1 Corinthians 15:52 answers saying that it is the *last* trumpet. So if the anointed are raised up during the *last* trumpet, what is this other great trumpet sound mentioned at Matthew 24:31 when the anointed are said to be gathered at the time when the sign of the Son of Man appears in the sky at or immediately preceding Armageddon? There's another trumpet after the last one? lol. That great trumpet sound at Armageddon logically has to be the last trumpet as it is associated with the gathering of the chosen ones, which would put the resurrection of the anointed to that time when all the anointed from all corners of the earth are being gathered to Christ - changed into spirits in the twinkling of an eye at the same time (see NWT footnote to 1 Thessalonians 4:17) that those in the grave are also being resurrected to heaven according to the bible. But their insistence on 1914 being the start of christ's parousia blinds them from seeing this obvious contradiction between their beliefs and what the bible says.

Christ's parousia is obviously not century long invisible heavenly reign but his actual final coming. There is much scriptural evidence for this in the bible. Why does James urge christians to exercise patience *until* the presence of the lord if they still have to exercise patience for an entire century after his presence has started? (James 5:7) The presence James had in mind was obviously the final coming of christ when they will experience relief from trials and inherit their heavenly reward. And why does 2 Thessalonians 2:1,2 equate christ's presence with the day of Jehovah if christs presence isn't actually his final coming to execute judgment at the day of Jehovah? If the start of christ's presence brings the start of the last days then how does 2 Peter 3:3,4 make any sense in saying that people in the last days - *during* the presence - would be asking where is the foretold presence? Why does their ridicule reveal a thinking that the presence is the final visible end of the ungodly world if it is the same last days that they live in? The implication of their ridicule is that they were clearly taught by christians that the presence is the final climactic coming of christ. This is why Peter goes on to mention the example of the end of the ungodly world of Noah's day. He is clearly equating the presence with the final end of the world and not a long drawn-out century long presence.

All of this reveals that 1914 is a great speculation built *around* scripture and not *from* scripture. It's along the same order of scripture twisting and use of fallacies that they accuse trinity believers of engaging in. By claiming to know that God's kingdom was established in 1914, they contradict Jesus' words at Acts 1:6,7 where he told his followers that such knowledge does not belong to them but only the Father.

• 8 years ago

Why ask a Ford dealer about your Mercedes ?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Why Are You Called Jehovah’s Witnesses?

Jehovah is the personal name of God, as found in the Bible. (Exodus 6:3; Psalm 83:18) A witness is a person who proclaims views or truths of which he is convinced.

Thus, our name Jehovah’s Witnesses designates us as a group of Christians who proclaim the truth about Jehovah, the Creator of all things. (Revelation 4:11) We witness to others by the way we live our lives and by sharing with them what we’ve learned from the Bible.—Isaiah 43:10-12; 1 Peter 2:12

Source(s): http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/name-j... ALL OF THE "HORRIBLE" TRUTH ABOUT THE FOLLOWER OF JESUS, THE FAITHFUL WITNESS
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Actually none.

Jesus said there would be people like you.

(John 15:18-21) If the world hates YOU, YOU know that it has hated me before it hated YOU.

19 If YOU were part of the world, the world would be fond of what is its own. Now because YOU are no part of the world, but I have chosen YOU out of the world, on this account the world hates YOU.

20 Bear in mind the word I said to YOU, A slave is not greater than his master. If they have persecuted me, they will persecute YOU also; if they have observed my word, they will observe YOURS also.

21 But they will do all these things against YOU on account of my name, because they do not know him that sent me.

Source(s): Bible
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

A lot. Just like I can for ALL religions.

Source(s): God isn't real.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

None. I was never interested in discrediting them for their beliefs.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.