How do I delete everything from my sd card?

its a micro sd card and i tried to format it from the computer and everything was still there and everytime i try to erase everything from my phone it just keep saying checking sd card. i have 16 gb i dont have the format option on my phone

i tried it and everything is still there

Favorite Answer

Just finished searching for the same answer.

What worked for me was to use www.partitionwizard.com to delete and recreate the partition on the card, then format. (Be sure to click the "apply changes" button)

Vista's diskpart may work, it didn't on my disk.

Also, if you want to recover any data I have been able to recover photos from a corrupted SD card using the free version of Zero Assumption Recovery

OR if that doesn't work try this

Step 1: Run -> CommandPrompt ->

Step 2: Type diskpart ->Enter

Step 3: Type list disk ->Enter

Note: (Find out the allocated number of your disk)

Step 4: Type select disk X ->Enter

Note: (If X is the number for your drive)

Step 5: Type clean ->Enter

Note: (If you want to create partition in desired disk continue next step, otherwise ignore it.)

Step 6: Type create partition primary ->Enter

Step 7: Remove the SD Card and place it back in and mount.

Source(s): XDA

load in up in a computer (desktop/laptop/whatever)

if autoplay is enabled , it should pop up with a little windows , click the view files area (it has a folder next to it) then press CTRL and A together , followed by CTRL and D together.

if no autoplay, Start -> computer -> SD Card (whatever its called) then press Ctrl and A , followed by Ctrl and D.

answer yes if prompted.

Source(s): computer networking student.