Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

If gay marriage is allowed by the Court, will we also see marriages between polygamists and zoophiles?

Favorite Answer

I don't see what's wrong with letting gays, polygamists and zoophiles get married. Marriage sucks and if they want in, I don't see why not!

• Sky

Why would polygamists and zoophiles want to marry each other? One is attracted to multiple humans, and the other is attracted to non-humans. Although, some zoophiles are also attracted to humans as well.

In the Netherlands, up until a year or two ago it was fully legal for a zoophile to marry their animal mate in a state-recognized marriage. It wasn't until some ultra-conservative politicians got into power that the right was taken away and made illegal; before then, government and society were perfectly content with that marital arrangement regardless of it being so different. So, there is existing precedent for government- and society-approved marriages between human and non-human animals.

And polygamy exists and always has existed, so that comparison on your slippery slope is rather moot.

I'm not going to bother wasting time explaining how animals are fully capable of communicating consent or lack of consent; those who refuse to believe it would refuse to consider the information.

• ?

Hmm, so you think equality will lead to a slippery slope. Typical fallacious thinking. I personally don't even have a problem with polygamy in the first place; what you do and with how many people you do it is your business. Due to funding issues, though, the benefits should be the same as any two person marriage with the exception of a few standards. Zoophiles will probably never get that right, but it is very unusual for zoophiles to come out anyway.

Marriage is already allowed for polygamists in some cultures. Zoophiles, no. That will never happen because an animal is not capable of giving consent, which is the main reason why beatiality is is considered animal abuse.

• Dana B

As for (legal, I assume you mean) marriage between zoophiles, as long as both zoophiles involved are human and of age and capacity to consent, why not? Oh, did you mean between a zoophile and an animal? Sure, that too, as soon as you find an animal capable of giving consent to be married. Good luck with that.

As for (legal) marriage between/among polygamists, I doubt it. I think there are too many rational reasons for not complicating our legal and social systems by legally recognizing polygamous relationships for that to be likely to ever become law.

Marriage is a legal contract between consenting "human" adults because only "humans" can give their consent. So if 50 human beings want to get married to each other it's absolutely none of my business.

Yes.

ONE MAN + ONE WOMAN = MARRIAGE

Saw the gay marriage state off of the continent.

• ?

Probably. People are going to get tired of preventing people from having many wives. As for screwing animals that is disgusting. You mean to tell me there are people that ugly that they have to resort to having sex with dogs, horses, and goats? Zoophilia is probably not being accepted until pedophilia is accepted

No, but idiots can continue to get married. Better start picking out your wedding dress.

You lost the war on gays. Go look for a new group to hate on.