How do i ask my mom to wear make up? I'm 13. So please help me out.?

Any suggestions?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Ronda
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

There is no set age for wearing makeup, as long as you know how to use it. If you are mature enough to be reasonable and know how much and what type of makeup is appropriate for your age, then you should be fine. For example, a young girl of 13 can look great with a bit of lip-gloss, but she would look dreadful if she showed up at school wearing eyeshadow and mascara. It will only be flattering if it is age appropriate, and you wear the right look for the right place.

• Kate
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

Ask her if you can sit down and have a discussion with her. Then say you are starting to grow up and you think it might be time to start wearing make up.

Since you're 13 though, you shouldn't be wearing too much yet. Just a little eye liner on the water line, some mascara, a light eye shadow (light purple, light pink, light gold or white) and some lip gloss and tell her that is all you want. Good luck!

• 8 years ago

Ask her if she says no leave it if you leave it, it shows you are very mature. Also you could start helping around the house and save up your money. Then when you have enough to buy the basics you want ask again and this time if she says no ask her why. Do NOT be forceful and remember take no as an answer.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Here's 4 strategies:

1.) just ask! If she's days yes, great! If she says no, ask why! Try to compromise with her!

2.) write a formal note and be specific!

3.) when your at the drugstore with her ask to go somewhere (or invite her to come along!) and pink out a mascara and concealor (or whatever limit it to two things) and ask to get it!

4.) watch her put her makeup on! Act interested and ask what stuff does and ask to try it on! After having it on, ask to get it!

There ya go! If she still says no, get some makeup alternatives! Instead of mascara, get vasaline and a spoon! Put some vasaline on your eyelashes then curl your eyelashes with a spoon, then apply more vasaline! Here's link on how to curl your eyelashes with a spoon:

http://www.painted-ladies.com/curling-your-lashes-...

For some color in your cheeks, just slap them lightly and ta da! Pink cheeks! Apply some lip balm too! Maybe vasaline on your eyelids to make them magnetized! Good luck!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • SWY
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

Tell your mom you want to start experimenting with it and trying it out, I'm sure she'll understand. If she says yes, ask her for a lip gloss or mascara to experiment with!

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Lol i dono but dont wear lipstick at 13 hehe

• 8 years ago

ikr im 13 and my mom won't let me wear a little makeup.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

honestly............just go to school and wear it. add a bit more each day. Start out with lipgloss. then maybe a few days later add foundation... and then mascara. sometimes she won even notice. just dont go too crazy .

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

tell her you are being considered a geek or a flop at school because you don't have the looks for makeup.

Don't forget to vote for best answer!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.