Do peophllies have a choice in there attraction to children?

Well do we hold them accountable? Well Homosexuals says they are born that way and we should accept it. God views it as a sin. Did Sanduky have a choice in who he engage in with sex? Do homosexuals have a choice who they engage with they have sex?

Update:

I not saying homosexuality is not consensual. It is clearly consensual. What I am saying is Homosexual people choose to be have sex with the same sex. They make the choice. God views it as a sin.

Update 2:

We expect peophiles people to control there sexual behavior. Why can't homosexuals do the same thing?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Alexis
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Do the words "consenting adults" mean anything to you?

Secular Humanist - "Pedophilia is an act, not a sexual orientation."

Well, pedophilia is the sexual attraction to prepubescent children. Not being a pedophile, I can't offer first-hand testimony as to whether it's a "choice" or not (I'm assuming it isn't, and have heard pedophiles say it isn't).

But whether pedophilia is a "choice" or not is irrelevant. I won't even say that pedophilia is immoral (although acting on the impulse certainly is). Again, we come to the issue of consenting adults. And the note that pedophilia is not a sexual orientation is right on point. Humans have a natural tendency to possess varying degrees of attraction towards the same sex and the opposite sex, some much higher on one scale, some on the other, some high on both, some on neither.

"Child" is not a sex, and pedophilia, "choice" or not, is an aberration, completely unrelated to sexual orientation, something you would know if you bothered to actually study the subjects, instead of perpetuating your learned bigotry.

• 8 years ago

"We expect peophiles people to control there sexual behavior. Why can't homosexuals do the same thing?"

--because there is no reason for homosexuals to "control their sexual behavior" when sex is between consenting adults. Adults can make their own decisions about god and about their sexual behavior. It is not for you to impose your (very wrong) ideas about whether your god thinks any particular sexual act is a sin. It's not like we criminalize or ostracize heterosexuals for having sex before marriage, or getting divorced, both of which are "sins" before the Christian god. Why focus on homosexuals when there is so much more heterosexual sexual sinning going on? Could it be...bigotry?

• MeMeMe
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Well, the point is that gay sex occurs between consenting adults.

1. Your god may. I don't believe in a deity, so why should I even care what you think your god says about homosexuality.

2. Why should they? It doesn't cause harm to anybody.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

No, they don't. But they also know that giving in to the temptation would be damaging to another person.

Sandusky had a choice, and he made the wrong one, and now he's paying for it.

Homosexuals have a choice in sex, but not a choice in attraction. Understand?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Every decision you make is a choice. It is a decision to have sex with anyone, be it a minor, a male, or a female. It is also a decision to abstain from sexual activity. So yes, they have a choice.

Source(s): Common sense.
  • 8 years ago

They have a choice in who they partner with. The difference of course is that pedophiles exploit victims and gay persons are willing partners. If Pedophiles do not have a choice in their desires they must be incarcerated because of the abuse of non willing partners. It is not unlike a serial killer that is driven to kill. Just because they are wired that way does not mean we allow them to kill people.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I see what you're saying, but pedophilia is wrong. Homosexuality is not.

• 8 years ago

Pedophilia is an act, not a sexual orientation.

Try again.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Probably not. But they are victimizing others where gays aren't. Pretty simple distinction.

• 8 years ago

It's more about the children's choice.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.