Why do my desktop icons disappear in windows 8?

I just bought a brand new computer a few weeks ago with Windows 8 and I'm starting to think Windows 8 is a total POS. At least once a day (but usually 2 or 3 times) I go to my computer and all the desktop icons are gone. I can go the start menu and click on things (the computer isn't frozen) and the program apparently runs, but I can't see anything. All I see is the desktop wallpaper and the bar at the bottom. I can tell the program is running because the button on the task bar is highlighted and I can right click on it and close it, etc., but no matter what I do, it is like the program is minimized and I can't see it. The only fix I can figure out to do is to restart the computer, and I get sick of having to do that 2, 3, 4 times EVERY day. WTF is wrong???? Windows 8 SNAFU????

Favorite Answer

Sounds like the PC is broke. Might be Windows fault, might be a hardware problem. Get on the phone with the manufacturer and make them fix it.

- Dominic

you will discover it below your software data. Open up My pc, goto your Cchronic, software data, information superhighway Explorer and its labeled iexplorer.exe. desirable click on that, left click make shortcut, and drag that shortcut on your own pc or decrease and paste.