My best (guy) friend and I had a "friends with benefits" type of relationship..?

after dating for a couple of years.I started falling hard for him again so I told him and he said that he's not ready to settle down with me right now, but maybe he would in the future when he's ready (even though he stayed committed to me during this time). Recently a guy friend of mine confessed that he's had a huge crush on me and wanted to know if I would go on a date with him. One date turned into more and before I knew it I started enjoying time with him. I told my best guy friend that since he feels differently about me I'm going to move on and start dating this other guy. Usually he's chatty with me, but once I told him he seemed upset and said he had to go. Is it possible that he's regretting not committing to me when he had the chance?

Favorite Answer

If by" friends with benefits" you mean you mean that you and he would have sex, then he wants this relationship to continue. But as for marrying you that is a different story.

If you are dating this other guy and things are getting serious, he has to worry that you could wind up marrying the other guy, or at least living with the other guy in an exclusive relationship, there fore the FWB relationship would be over.

Well if you enjoy your time with guy friend #2, why does it matter if guy friend #1 regrets not commiting to you?