Should i start a gay/straight alliance or an lgbt group or something i my school?

I go to a catholic school in scotland although im not religious and after the first few weeks of being there after movin schools i came out as gay to a few of my friends and they were all really happy about it which is wierd becuase comin out in a catholic school should of got me damned to hell and crucified for my sons or whatever but anyway a few days later i said i wouldnt care if folk new i was gay so obviously te rumours spread and everyone was cool with it and i thought after bei there just over a year if it would be a good idea starting somesort of lgbt or gay straight alliance thing but im scared because that means talking to the guidence teaher and i think she is actually catholic so im scared if i asked about starting i might get in trouble or something...

Any ideas?

Favorite Answer

Before moving towards starting it get people who want to be involved to sign on so that it won't be you alone requesting it. Be ready for some to abandon the idea, but there may be others who are enthusiastic about it. Good luck.

• Jamie

It is the UK, half my mates went to catholic schools but no one in this country really gives a damn about religion, we have it very easy here being gay compared to other places. Only around 27% of the UK population are religious, and the majority of them are older people; so among the younger generation it is rare to find someone who is homophobic, it seems we are doing it right here in the UK; some places should learn from us. I personally do not think you need to create an alliance, it seems you are doing fine without it.

communicate with your councilor or pass to the front workplace and request information on a thank you to make a club. they could desire to hand you some form of shape. Get that crammed out, print some posters to sell, and set up a secure weekly/month-to-month/bi-month-to-month date i.e. first and 2d Tuesday of each and each month.