Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 years ago

is this classed as 'overweight' or 'fat'?

Recently iv been feeling really down about my weight, especially as iv put on a stone since before the spring. People tell me it doesn't look like i have, but still im self conscience about it and about the way i look and my weight. And also id like to know if people haven't noticed my weight, where has all my weight gone to?

If this is helps i am 14 almost 15

Currently i am around 140lbs and i am 5'3/5'4.

I mainly put on weight on my boobs, bum and thighs, but also my face and stomach slightly.

If this helps my bra size is 32F ( guys, its the size of the things which have been made to feed babies, dont cry that i have put this out there, i am not looking for attention whatsoever )

i am size 10/12

I am not attention seeking, i would just like to know if you would think these figures would be classed as 'chubby' or 'overweight' and if you think i would benefit from loosing say 10lbs.

Yes i am 14 but who cares, im just curious:)

Thank you!xx

Don't stress yourself out about this stuff. We're all people and there's no such thing as a 'perfect body'. For some reassurance though; when I was around your age I use to be a little chubby, I was about 5'6, 150 lbs. I had a stomach, a full face, and overall I was a bit bigger. Now I'm about 6'0 or 6'1, only 155-160 lbs, slim, skinny in the face and overall I look slender. With a few years (at most) you'll get taller all that weight spreads out; you'll look a lot thinner even if your weight stays the same. Like in my case; I eat the same way I use to and haven't changed my diet a bit, yet now I look a lot thinner.

As for you're question about if you'd be considered 'chubby' or 'overweight' the answer is no. Your BMI (Body Mass and Index) is about 24. Anything under 25 is classified as healthy. Above 25 is considered slightly overweight. But like I mentioned before, don't stress yourself out about your body or what people call it. It's all just labels, what matters most is how YOU feel about your body. If you think you look good, then I congratulate you, because half the people labeling others aren't even comfortable in their own skin. So if you want to lose those ten pounds, go for it. But do it for yourself, not for how others are going to label you. Only do it for your own confidence.

And if you want some dating related advice to along with all this- Trust me when I say there are plenty of men that like a curvy woman. I should know, I'm one of them lol The last girl I was seeing was bigger than you, I had strong feelings none the less. When you find someone you really like, it doesn't matter how big or small they are, just how well you two connect.

I like your attitude, you seem to be pretty positive about all this; it's very refreshing. Let us know how everythings going to work out for you, I'd love to hear a follow up

I wouldn't worry, it doesn't do good to fixate on weight! Seriously, there is nothing wrong with you! If you wear a 32 band size you can't be all that large anyway. I can't tell you where you carry your weight but sounds like you already know as you said it was mainly your boobs, bum and thighs and also a bit in your face, tummy. Most women do out on weight in their bum and thighs and boobs, it's just how female bodies generally work though there are obviously many many different body shapes. I wouldn't be overly concerned about your actual weight, just whether you feel healthy and happy!

I knew a girl who was around your weight and height.

You may not be overweight, but you're getting close to it. Losing 10 lbs would definitely be beneficial, but make sure you lose it the healthy way! don't starve yourself.