My laptop is stuck at 13% configuring Windows 8!?

I just bought this HP Pavilion g 7 and it worked fine until yesterday. Now it says that it is configuring updates, which gets stuck at 13%. It then says it will restart after about an hour, only to loop back to configuring...again. This laptop was pre-installed with Windows 8. It did NOT come with a disc. I cannot access any screen to try and use repairs I found online, nor did the F8 safe mode attempt work. I really need a quick fix as I am a college student who needs this laptop to work!

Favorite Answer

You can start the recovery process by tapping F11 key as soon as you power on the laptop. Please note that this will erase all data from your laptop and restore it to a out of the factory box condition.

you could try a system restore also have you added any new programs recently if so try removing it and see if that helps.