? asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 8 years ago

What are my odds of getting a waiver for any branch of the US Military?

I have a heart condition called Ventricular Septal Defect. It is a hole in the heart. Right now I am 100% healthy. The cardiologist says that I have no other conditions and it is not leaking blood. I did not need to get the hole repaired since birth because I have had no complications. I am a varsity wrestler and tennis player and will be volunteering for the fire department. I will probably be able to get a cardiologist note before Meps. Right now I am just a 15 year old sophomore in high school. What are my chances of getting a waiver?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Asking this sh!t over and over will get noticed!

If is not mentioned here than you are OK. If it is you are not.

2–18. Heart

a. Current or history of all valvular heart diseases, congenital (746) or acquired (394), including those improved by

surgery, do not meet the standard. Mitral valve prolapse or bicuspid aortic valve is not disqualifying unless there is

associated tachyarrhythmia, mitral regurgitation, aortic stenosis, insufficiency, or cardiomegaly.

b. Current or history coronary heart disease (410) does not meet the standard.

c. Current or history of symptomatic arrhythmia or electrocardiographic evidence of arrhythmia.

(1) Current or history of supraventricular tachycardia (427.0), or any arrhythmia originating from the atrium or

sinoatrial node, such as atrial flutter, and atrial fibrillation, unless there has been no recurrence during the preceding 2

years while off all medications, does not meet the standard. Premature atrial or ventricular contractions sufficiently

symptomatic to require treatment, or result in physical or psychological impairment, do not meet the standard.

(2) Current or history of ventricular arrhythmias (427.1), including ventricular fibrillation, tachycardia, or multifocal

premature ventricular contractions, does not meet the standard. Occasional asymptomatic unifocal premature ventricular

contractions are not disqualifying.

(3) Current or history of ventricular conduction disorders, including, but not limited to disorders with left bundle

AR 40–501 • 14 December 2007/RAR 23 August 2010 11

branch block (426.2), Mobitz type II second degree atrioventricular (AV) block (426.12), and third degree AV block

(426.0), and Lown-Ganong-Levine-Syndrome (426.81) associated with an arrhythmia do not meet the standard. Current

or history of Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome (426.7), unless it has been successfully ablated for a period of 2 years

without recurrence of arrhythmia and now with a normal electrocardiogram, does not meet the standard.

(4) Current or history of conduction disturbances such as first degree AV block (426.11), left anterior hemiblock

(426.2), right bundle branch block (426.4), or Mobitz type I second degree AV block (426.13) do not meet the standard

when symptomatic or associated with underlying cardiovascular disease.

d. Current cardiomegaly, hypertrophy, or dilatation of the heart (429.3) do not meet the standard.

e. Current or history of cardiomyopathy (425), including myocarditis (422), or congestive heart failure (428), does

not meet the standard.

f. Current or history of pericarditis (420) (acute nonrheumatic), unless the individual is free of all symptoms for 2

years, and has no evidence of cardiac restriction or persistent pericardial effusion, does not meet the standard.

g. Current persistent tachycardia (785.1) (resting pulse rate of 100 beats per minute or greater) does not meet the

standard.

h. Current or history of congenital anomalies of heart and great vessels (746), except for corrected patent ductus

arteriosus, do not meet the standard.

BUT I do not make the call....so ask a recruiter.

Did you read this last week knucklehead? I think not. print it out, put it on the floor and read while in the Front Leaning Rest Gomer!

Any part of this you are having difficulty understanding? Did I not type clearly? Is it coming thru light and fuzzy or crystal F ing clear?

SSG US Army 73-82 and old enough to be your grandfather....NOW READ!

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I'm pretty positive you will have a note by the n

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.