Jace asked in SportsRunning · 8 years ago

How long should I use the elliptical?

I'm 5'9 and 209lbs. I've been using the elliptial for 30 minutes around 1pm and 15 minutes around 6/7pm. I'm dieting and I walk for 30-45 minutes twice a day. I'm a male as you probably know by my name and I want to lose 40/50lbs in 12 weeks (3 months) or maybe less. My question here is based on the routine I've given you... Will I make my goal, lose more than I expect (45/5bs), or need more work?

• Connor
    Favorite Answer

You should exercise once a day. Your body needs rest after a good workout to improve and get better. When you exercise more than once you interrupt that recovery time. So stick to once a day. It would be better to do one 45 minute session rather than two adding to 45 minutes. You would actually burn more fat that way.

You also need to monitor your diet. Exercise is great but can be negated if you are still consuming too many calories.

-Connor