Coyote hunting question?

I just shot and cleaned a deer.Now I have the guts in a bag and I wanna coyote hunt over it.What would be the best way be and please be specific!

• Mr.357
    Favorite Answer

We just dump the offal about 150 yds behind the house in a field.

Hang the guts in a tree about 3ft off the ground with a couple 3" cuts in the bag so it leaks around the base of the tree in an area where coyotes have been seen or heard recently. If u have a camera use it to help determine when they show up and from what direction they come from. Next, after about 3 or 4 days, right at dark, move into a spot about 50yrds downwind of the bag. Make sure u are as scent free as u can be and make sure ur spot is clear of leaves and debris. Have a flashlight that has a red filter lense cause a regular light will cause them to spook and run. When they show up usually about an hour after dark get ready. I have a 22mag with a tactical light that has a pressure switch mounted to the stock with velcro. the unit is mounted to the barrel with a tactical light barrel mount I got off amazon for about 5 bucks and the light cost around 20. This combo works great and has been the undoing of many coyotes. Make sure if u get a shot to try for a head or neck shot, otherwise they will run off and u won't find them. Good luck.

Source(s): Many years of intense trial and error hunting

Split the deer guts in two, put out the guts at a preferred hunting spot away from deer. Once you've found your spot put a trial camera up to pattern the coyotes. Once you've got them patterned, you're ready too hunt