pj2007pj asked in HealthWomen's Health · 8 years ago

When should i take my birth control pill?

I had a miscarriage on the Nov 28th and took the first pill i believe last Sunday (Dec 2nd). I completely forgot about it for a week.

Am i able to start with the pack on the second pill or is it no use now?

and when should I start it back up again? the next time i start my period, now, etc..

sorry if this is confusing

Hi there. I am truly sorry for your loss. And yes I would now wait until your next proper period and start taking it again. If you don't want to do this and want to start now. Just start a fresh and start it from tomorrow and then just take your pill at the same time every night/day until you finish your pack. But if you do so please remember you are not protected up till I think its 11 days after taking the first one, maybe 14 days, so remember to use a condom while on your pill. x

I'd ask your doctor and explain the situation. You might want to wait until your menstrual cycle regulates again, but it all depends on your body.

Call your pharmacy. Pharmacists are always really helpful with my birth control questions. I would suspect that they will tell you to start a new pack but Idk