pj2007pj asked in HealthWomen's Health · 8 years ago

When should i take my birth control pill?

I had a miscarriage on the Nov 28th and took the first pill i believe last Sunday (Dec 2nd). I completely forgot about it for a week.

Am i able to start with the pack on the second pill or is it no use now?

and when should I start it back up again? the next time i start my period, now, etc..

sorry if this is confusing

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago

Hi there. I am truly sorry for your loss. And yes I would now wait until your next proper period and start taking it again. If you don't want to do this and want to start now. Just start a fresh and start it from tomorrow and then just take your pill at the same time every night/day until you finish your pack. But if you do so please remember you are not protected up till I think its 11 days after taking the first one, maybe 14 days, so remember to use a condom while on your pill. x

• 8 years ago

I'd ask your doctor and explain the situation. You might want to wait until your menstrual cycle regulates again, but it all depends on your body.

• 8 years ago

Call your pharmacy. Pharmacists are always really helpful with my birth control questions. I would suspect that they will tell you to start a new pack but Idk

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.