dropping a course in university after deadline?

if i drop a course in my undergraduate year of university after the drop deadline and receive an F, am i still eligible to take the course again to replace the F. school policy states that you are allowed to repeat a pass/fail course once, in order to replace the previous grade.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • eri
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Most schools allow you to retake classes at least once if you earn a C- or better. Take a closer look at your student handbook. However, when you do that, the F remains on your transcript. It just doesn't factor into your GPA anymore.

• JQuick
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Eri appears to have written the opposite of what she meant. You are generally only allowed to retake a course if you get a C- or worse, not a C- or better. If you pass the class with a C or better, you are permanently stuck with the grade you get, depending on the grade that's considered passing.

Rick is also incorrect. Some schools allow the retaken course grade to replace the old grade for the purposes of the GPA calculation, while others average the new grade with the old grade. It depends on the retake policy at the university. Regardless of how the GPA is calculated, the student transcripts will show the full record of what actually occurred.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Eri's incorrect - even if you retake the class and replace the F on your transcript, both grades are counted against your cumulative GPA

• 4 years ago

If the classification that you're taking qualifies for move and the college you attend (later) accepts the credit not in uncomplicated terms on a pass/fail foundation, in spite of the indisputable fact that the perfect grade to boot, sure it really is going to likely be a component to your cumulative grade factor established.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Tam
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

Yes, if you are allowed then why would you think otherwise?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.