I think I have low self esteem?

Lately I've come to accept that I probably have low self esteem. My friends have been telling me this for a while, but I've always told them that it not true and that they're just being nice to me. But I think that they might be right about me. The other night, one of my mother's friends hugged me and told me that she loved me very much, you know how most sweet older ladies talk. But what she said really hit me(I guess would be the best phrase), and when I got home I couldn't help but cry. I want to think better of myself, but I can't. Every morning when I look at myself in the morning, I just hear my friends in my hair telling me that I'm ugly and worthless and that if I were gone they wouldn't be sad. I know(at least I hope) that in real life they don't think this, but I still can't help but believe what their saying in my head. I just don't feel that nice about myself. I wish I were a better person. I wish I was smart. I wish I was passable looking. I wish I were sociable. I think that I might have low self esteem and I don't know what to do.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Rocky
    Lv 6
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

start journaling it helped me a lot and I still do it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.