Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 8 years ago

I missed a birth control pill on thursday night took both pills friday, had unprotected sex saturday?

Should i take plan B ...or am i going to be fine?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

If you have taken all of your active pills correctly and consistently prior to the missed pill, you should be fine. If you were to look in the booklet that should have came with your pills, it would give you instructions on what to do if you were to miss pills. It should advise you to take the missed pill as soon as you remember, then take the next pill at your regular time. Which you have done. It should also tell you that you do not need to use a backup method of birth control if you have sex--providing you followed those instructions and it was only a single pill that you missed. So if you've taken your pills every day and at the same time, and this is the first time you've missed taking a pill, you should be okay.

• 8 years ago

NO, you will NOT be okay. Once you miss a pill, you are not protected for the entire month . Taking two pills in on day does not help, and i would assume that would only make the situation worse. Don't have unprotected sex for a whole month, you wont be protected.

• Muddy
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

Should be ok

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.