I changed my mind- I want to get married. How do I tell him?

Here's the thing: I've been very definante about not wanting to get married and my boyfriend has been made well aware of this.

I do not agree with marriage and I think it's silly but I would like a way to display to my bf that I plan on being by his side forever. I want to feel secure in our partnership (as much as possible).

My bf was in a 10 yr relationship and hadn't married the girl (tho they planned on it but it just didn't happen for silly reasons).

With all that said, I'm not sure how I'm supposed to back out of this pickle that I got myself into and without being obvious. I would really love it if he would ask me to marry him.

Any advice?

Favorite Answer

I was very set on not getting married ..I knew I loved him.. I just don't think a piece of paper should define our relationship... a few weeks ago I ASKED HIM.. sure enough we are getting married this Wednesday. Just ask him

i would start laying some ground work - mentioning little things about the good side of it all then slowly move the conversation into your change of heart don't mention that you want a wedding right away - a lot of guys (especially those that don't think marriage/weddings are the way to go) will think you only want the wedding to feel like a princess for the day and not that you want to have a marriage and that special commitment and relationship that goes along with it but it's going to take time to figure out if you're on the same page about it all - give him time to get used to the idea and then worry about what'll happen between you if you can't agree

I was exactly the same way and found myself in that exact predicament! I started dropping little hints and finally asked him if I could keep him forever hehe he then asked me if I meant I wanted to marry him. It was awkward but sweet and as soon as I told him I did want to marry him, he proposed! :) the wedding is next October! Best thing to do is talk to him, you can do it in a cute way ;) good luck!

Source(s): Experience

" if he would ask me to marry him"

you might make him run with that kind of thinking.

a better solution is to sit down and have a talk then AS A COUPLE decide to get married.

Sometimes it's pretty difficult to figure you chicks out. Good luck on the switch in plans. Maybe just tell him?