Aka Big K asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 years ago

how to increase bench press?

im 13 and can bench press 100 at max what i want to know is how can i increase my bench press about 50 more pounds any ideas

Favorite Answer

Top 10 Increasing Your Bench Press Tips:

1: Power up your triceps

I would say in about 80% of cases where guys have asked me for increasing bench press tips, their triceps have been holding them back. You need to hit your triceps hard with big exercises like close grip bench press and skullcrushers. Don’t waste your with cable machines, stick to heavy dumbbells and barbells.

2: Shock your chest into growth

I know it’s easy to stay with the routine your comfortable with. Ask yourself this question: “Am I really training out of my comfort zone?” Most people are not. Yes, they train hard but they’re not pushing themselves as hard as they are capable of. So switch your workout up, vary the intensity. Vary the rest between sets. Do supersets. Do 30 pushups at the end of each set. Get the picture?

3: Don’t overtrain

I know it’s tempting to train more often because you think the more you train the bigger you’ll get. This myth holds back many lifters, especially beginners. You have to get out of that mentality and start thinking about “less is more”. The quality of your reps, sets and exercises is more important than how many you do. Stick to training your chest once or twice a week, there’s no need for more unless you’re trying to break the world record bench press!

4: Get plenty of rest & sleep

This goes hand in hand with my previous tip, and is part of the basics of building muscle. Your muscles repair and grow while you’re sleeping and resting, so getting enough rest and sleep is essential for muscle growth. Get at least 8 hours sleep and plenty of rest between workouts.

5: Bench press negatives are your friend

If you don’t know what a negative is, it’s the lowering phase of an exercise. In the case of the bench press, it’s lowering the weight to your chest. Negative training involves very heavy weights (up to 1.5 times your 1 rep max) and simply lowering the weight slowly down to your chest and having 2 assistants lift it back up for you. Negative training is highly underestimated and can have a dramatic effect on your upper body strength and your 1 rep max.

6: Don’t train your triceps with your chest

If you really want to build strong triceps you need to train them when they’re fresh and you can’t do this after a heavy benching session.

7: Eat like there’s no tomorrow

If you want to get bigger and stronger you have to eat like you have the appetite of Ronnie Coleman! You should eat up to 7 meals per day and each meal should contain a good serving a protein (in various forms) and complex carbohydrates. This is essential for increasing your bench press. If you’re not eating enough calories per day, don’t expect and additional pounds on your bench.

8: Take a week off

Sometimes all you need is a break. Professional bodybuilders have scheduled 7 to 10 day breaks throughout the yearly routines. Your muscle may be fatigued and this is preventing growth. You can choose to go a week cold turkey, or a maintenance week where you drop the weights back and do 3 easy full body workouts.

9: Use supplements

Bodybuilding supplements the best way of delivering nutrients to your body fast and in my opinion are essential to increasing bench press. You should use supplements first thing in the morning, after your workout and before bed at the very least. For more info on supplements see the supplements section.

10: Correct your technique

You’ll be surprised how many experienced weight lifters are not using the correct technique. The bench press sounds like a simple exercise, but bad technique habits can develop and hold you back. Some common bad techniques are wrong hand position on the bar, not keep your body still throughout the set, feet off the floor, lowering the bar to the wrong position on the chest and wrong grip.

I am 17 and bench about 80 kg (maxout). Just eat a lot and bench 3-4 times a week. 5 sets x 5 reps.

I'm 13 too and bench 65 KG (144 LBS). Just keep on doing weights, if you want to increase strength then when you work out you need to use high weights with a lot of sets but not many reps. (e.g If you bench 100 LBS then do 85-90 LBS, 5-6 Sets and 4-5 Reps).

Bench press is seen as one of most typical but operational weight training exercises. It focuses mostly on the chest, shoulders as well as the biceps but also induce other muscles of the upper body work to increase muscle mass.

If you are one of those gym goers who are took up in mind to build more muscle mass, enhance Bench Press is one of the best options to take. Not only that it helps you bring out more bulks out of your body, but it likewise support you improve your inner strength.

Principally it's composed of certain techniques and tips, such as the proper positioning of some parts of the body in order to safely perform you exercises as you gradually add in more weight.

However, bench press is an advanced weight training exercise . It means the Increase Bench Press would probably call for more developed muscle groups that you can achieve through other basic weight traning aworkout.

Improve bench press is specifically designed for gym enthusiasts who already have been doing this for quite some time and are disposed to take their routines to the next level. And to make sure that the special goal of the program will be achieved, it gives note to other muscle groups that can be of great contribution for the whole training project .

I'm 15 and I max out at 290 Lbs. I recommend to work on your dumbbell bench press because that's how I got to where I am today only weighing 165 Lbs.

• Grace

Build Ripped Muscle Fast