How can anyone actually believe in god when the bible is the “Word of God”?

Favorite Answer

It is the Word that sustains us.

God has decided to let us in on a little truth about who He is. Contained in that little bit is the answer to all the universal questions like where did we come from?, what's the purpose of life? Is there life after death? etc... God has not revealed everything about who he is because unfortunately we have finite minds that could not possibly handle it. I have not found anything in the Bible that can be proved "untruthful", and if it wasn't the actual "Word of God" than we wouldn't be fighting over this fact or keep asking ourselves about it. It obviously must be pretty important, or contain TRUTH to these universal questions if it is the most attacked yet best selling book in the entire world. If it is the truth it would be in the enemies' (satan, or devil?) best interest to try and rid of it. This is why it has tried to be destroyed NUMEROUS times, but God has said "My word stands forever", and what do you know it still stands today.

In the KJV, if you'll notice,some of the words are in Red.These are not the story of who God is, it's what he said. HIs Words. But, God is more than believing what the Bible says, it's a personal relationship.

Protestant Nazarene

I have a relationship with God and He talks to me 24/7.

Your question makes the Bible God, when it isn't. The Bible is only a book which talks about God.

It is called the word of God because it is the inspired word of God, meaning the writers were inspired by God to write.

Word of people/god

• Shrubs

Because some people actually went to advanced English classes and learned what 'figurative language' is; therefore, they were intelligent enough to learn how to interpret the Bible in a much better way rather than idiotic ways.

~Advanced English student since 3rd grade

Because anyone with reasonable intelligence knows its not meant to be taken literally; I know many Christians believe it is to be taken as it is, and that's fine; but do you really believe that the first woman was formed from the rib of the first man, or that all the animals in the world were stored in an Ark and survived an apocalyptic flood? The best way to take it is with a grain of salt; this does not, however, mean that God does not exist.

Source(s): Jewish and proud.
  • Jordan

This question does not make sense, your giving credible evidence to believing in God, but making it sound outrageous and unthinkable at the same time?

• Samson

That's what God did .. he inspired man to write a book so that we learn of his greatness, and about Salvation offered to us via his Son Jesus Christ.\

John 3:16 reads...For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son for who believes in him shall not perish ,but have everlasting life!!!!!!

Source(s): not for the blind

33 And the wicked shall go away into unquenchable fire, and their end no man knoweth on earth, nor ever shall know, until they come before me in judgment.

34 Hearken ye to these words. Behold, I am Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world. Treasure these things up in your hearts, and let the solemnities of eternity rest upon your minds.

35 Be sober. Keep all my commandments. Even so. Amen.