Erin asked in HealthWomen's Health · 8 years ago

What do these symptoms mean?

I'm a 14 year old girl, (15 in less than two weeks) and I've been dizzy lately, but only at certain times of the day. I was feeling like this about 1.5-2 months ago. I went to my doctor and he checked my eyes, ears, balance, etc. it turned it I had a case of labrynthitis, which is just an inner ear infection. He said it affects your balance and it will go away without any meds in about 2-3 weeks and it did. He also sent me for a blood test looking for Diabetes (it runs in my family so my mum wanted to check just in case and the results came back perfectly normal and fine.) But then about a month ago, I started feeling dizzy again and I assumed it was another inner ear infection. I left it for a few weeks to see if it went away, and it still hasn't. This morning I noticed my cervical gland (I'm pretty sure that is it; it's a round-feeling ball type gland below my ear about halfway down) on the right side of my neck is slightly swollen, and if I touch it it feels kind of bruised, and my mum could tell it was swollen. I've been having headaches almost all day for the past week or two. The dizziness only comes to me for my first class of school (science) and then I'm fine for the rest of the day. This happens every weekday. On the weekends, I find I'm dizzy all day. Not extremely dizzy, but enough to feel like I'm losing my balance, usually it's only when I'm sitting down. I've also been tired all day for the last two weeks or so.

Also, I'm almost 100% sure it has nothing to do with my period/menstrual cycle because this has been ongoing for a month straight and doesn't change when I have my period or not. I have a good diet and enough water every day, and I get between 7-9 hours of sleep every night. My mum will call the doctor tomorrow and book an appointment. She also thinks that they may do a brain scan this time. Could it have something to do with my eye, like the optical nerve being slightly detached or something? I am extremely worried; please answer! Thank you!

Favorite Answer

Nobody on Yahoo Answers can diagnose you for sure...it's good that you're going to the doctor, because they know best!

These also happen to be the side effects from using narcotics. Diabetic symptoms no doubt but also signs that kidney s or your liver could use use a boost or maybe low blood pressure is the issue. Consider lack of food sleep stress factors with your doctor and find solutions. Even clenching your jaw for long periods of time will induce head pain weird vision etc