Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

Do you think religion has no place whatsoever in politics?

That civil issues should be kept as civil or secular issues?

Edit:

I'm not just talking about America, I'm talking in general terms; globally if you will.

@Redcorn,

Sounds very Hitlerish to me, very fascist. Freedom means choice, not submission.

Also the internet is not a country nor is it owned by one single country. Stop saying this country as if only Americans use the internet. It frikkin irritating

@?,

And did you forget that there is no proof or evidence that Mr Moses ever existed? You assume the bible is truthful, yet it isn't. Its not truthful at all. Its a book of no authority and hearsay

Favorite Answer

I do not place any faith in anyone who has to pray to a god for guidance on secular matters, because they will opt to do what they think their god wants.

Did Jesus ever meddle in worldly politics?

Jesus answered: “My kingdom is no part of this world. If my kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be delivered up to the Jews. But, as it is, my kingdom is not from this source.” - John 18:36

Should true Christians meddle in politics?

"They are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world." - John 17:16

"And did you forget that there is no proof or evidence that Mr Moses ever existed? You assume the bible is truthful, yet it isn't. Its not truthful at all. Its a book of no authority and hearsay."

Did you forget that if one makes worthless statements without backup they will be dismissed as ill-informed nonsense?

Source(s): The Bible.

Amen to that. I believe that Religion and Politics are two different issues. I understand that the abortion issues for one, is brought up over and over. I am in the Bible Belt, so I truly do understand the Religious stance. But abortion still takes place with a Demo or Repub. I'm a Demo, yet my Religious views does not play a part in the way I vote. I vote according to my future. Which, by the way, is not popular among my Religious family.

Protestant Nazarene

Politics is about people, and people are religious by nature. Even atheism could be considered a type of religion, since it fills the same role in its followers' lives that religion fills in the lives of believers.

You'll never get rid of religion in politics. You can only replace one prevailing religious view with another. Judging by world history, I'd say that the evangelical Christian view is more likely to result in liberty for all citizens than any other religion or worldview. No other country, in all of history, has ever had the prosperity or freedoms that Americans have enjoyed up till now. Sadly, now that America is becoming progressively less influenced by Christianity, our freedoms and our economy are both eroding. I don't believe that's a coincidence.

The basis for most Laws which politicians have written over decades comes from a moral base; that moral base came from the Christian nation this once was. Founded by godly men who believed in God and the Bible. A little search about the founder's will reveal this easily.

True freedom is not the right to do what I want to do, but the Power to do what I ought to do.

So sure, kick the Bible out of schools, politics , workplace and flip a coin and hope for the best.

Drugs, drunkenness, shootings, rebellion, chaos is the results of people leaving God out of our nation & out of thier lives.

When 'every man does what is right in his own eyes' we're in big trouble; which is were many folks are at now

i disagree. though this country was founded on religious freedom, and if it supports that then submit to it.

EDIT: what i mean is, as a christian i would much rather prefer if my country (the US), or any country, would follow the will of God. but this country does not do that, it has a free belief system. therefore, i accept this, i dont go forcing people to believe anything, do anything, etc.

At this point yes, but I'm more than happy to follow the word of a superior power if it were real, like if aliens landed tomorrow, with super advanced technology, and demanded we run our govt. differently, I'd be like 'sure thing powerful masters'. The same goes for god, get him down here and I'll do as he says, but I don't trust the word of men with personal gain in their minds.

• ?

Hey numb nuts, without religion you wouldn't have politics..Did you forget that the laws of man were given to Moses.. The Sander ins, Fares-sees, publicans, and Senate all came from the Law given to the people of Israel when they were in the desert on the way to the promise land.......

Source(s): not for the blind.

Religion ? ,,, YES !!

the world is full of religion !

What is RELEVANT in politics and the world is TRUTH !!!

Source(s): BIBLE kjv

You can take away the church from the state but you cannot take away faith from politics.