Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 8 years ago

What if the Jets had Alex Smith?

Im sure Alex Smith is fed up in SF, since Kapernick is staying as QB and prob will stay...so if the 49ers or Jets decide to shop Smith or the Jets decide to shop Sanchez or Tebow to fix there QB sitiatuon, do you think the 49ers would take Sanchez or Tebow as a backup then give Smith to the Jets and Smith starts in NY? If the Jets were healthy and had Alex Smith, would they be a better team, and maybe a playoff contender?\

Im not a Jets fan, im a Redskins fan, but I was wondering about this scenario.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Knowing Ryan he will probably still stick with Sanchez.

Reporter: "Now that you have Alex Smith on the team will he be the starter?"

Ryan: "No. I honestly believe Sanchez gives us the best chance to win"

• 8 years ago

Sanchez is going to earn a lot of guaranteed money, and trading him does not take him off of the payroll. So, no matter who is the QB there, the Jets won't be able to afford to surround that QB with any decent receivers.

No one is interested in Tebow. Only the Jaguars showed any interest, and their interest was "tepid" according to reports. Everyone recognizes that Tim Tebow is not a QB, and would make their teams worse.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

They would still suck!! Alex Smith isn't the right type of QB for the Jets, he's dam near a better Sanchez

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I think the problem with the Jets lies more with the head coach than the quarterback, so adding Smith wouldn't help. After all, he stunk until Harbaugh came to San Fran.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Super Bowl win for the Jets.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.