Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationOther - Games & Recreation · 8 years ago

Plz help best answer 10 points!!!!?

Okay so my friends and I were playing airsoft in a suburban neighborhood park. I made this FAKE bomb prop out of a poker set brief case and put random stuff in it like gatorade caps and such just for looks! IT HAD NO WORKING PARTS OR ANY "DETONATOR" OF ANY SORT. It did not even have a FAKE bomb itself just random stuff. So the next day the bomb squad along with sheriffs etc. are at the park and I remember I must of forgot it. So i go and explain everything, and they seemed to understand we were just role playing Call of Duty as they put it. However, the bomb squad continued to proceed and blow it up. When they opened it though, they realized I was right and took some photos, then they just brought it to a cop cars trunk. Then this really mean lady cop came and told my friend and I we were being charged with "CLASS A BOMB HOAX". And a detective would be in contact. I am in 8th grade and am a honor roll student with a clean record. This was all a misunderstanding and I had no intentions on hurting anyone. (not that they were)

I will now copy and paste the texas law about it.

§ 46.08. HOAX BOMBS. (a) A person commits an offense if

the person knowingly manufactures, sells, purchases, transports,

or possesses a hoax bomb with intent to use the hoax bomb to:

(1) make another believe that the hoax bomb is an

explosive or incendiary device; or

(2) cause alarm or reaction of any type by an official

of a public safety agency or volunteer agency organized to deal with

emergencies.

(b) An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.

Added by Acts 1983, 68th Leg., p. 4831, ch. 852, § 3, eff. Sept.

1, 1983. Renumbered from V.T.C.A., Penal Code § 46.09 by Acts

1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 900, § 1.01, eff. Sept. 1, 1994.

So I want to know what will happen and if I will actually go to court. According to the cops, the district attorneys office decides but just please help. What would be the penalty if found guilty?????? Any lawyers or police officers help is welcomed.

Favorite Answer

Just to start out this is ******* twisted... but more to the point according to what you just posted as Texas law states as long as you didn't tell anyone it was a bomb then you should be fine.. and considering your age at worst you'll get community service thats if you are charged as well as a fine.. but since you just said the D.A. is going to look at it probably will be overlooked since no normal D.A. would waste their time with a case they knew they wouldnt win off the bat

Source(s): History Major ... watched too much Law&Order as a kid
  • Raikyu

Lol this can't be serious...they can't press charges on you for that...you or they MUST be joking...if I did that over here in the UK I wouldn't be taken to court, unless I intentionally wasted police time...is that what you did? what were your intentions? you should think about that.