Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 8 years ago

how can i make the varsity football team?

im going to be on junior varsity next year and im going to be a soft more next year and i was on the starting freshman team as a strong safety need help!!! and im 5'8 and 148 pounds

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Try to talk more with the coach.players. And of course practice every day.

Source(s): MC JC
  • Cu Tie
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Based on your height and weight, I believe that you will make a very good fit at strong safety. You have the ideal size for a high school sophomore strong safety, playing on the junior varsity football team.

My best advice for you is to work hard and perform very well in practice every day. In addition, what you need to do this upcoming (and every) offseason is eat healthy, exercise by doing weight lifting, and either jogging or going for a long run every day. If you do these things, you will get faster, stronger, and into better shape, which will greatly improve your chances of becoming a successful, top notch strong safety in high school football, who could

By the way, your chances of playing college football depend on your performance in football during your sophomore, junior, and especially senior, years of high school. If you perform very well in football during your final 3 years of high school, you will greatly improve your chances of getting recruited to play for a college football program in the future.

• 8 years ago

I would recommend getting with the coach to see what you can do to enhance your chances of making the varsity team... Since you were on the freshman team he probably knows you or of you so he would probably be in a better position than anyone to give you a few tips and suggestions... Good luck...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.