i want another baby!!!!!?

my daughter will 4 months old on the 28th and i want to try for another this summer. am i crazy? im married at 19 with a baby and i want another! how long did u wait to try for baby number 2. btw we have a house and are very financially stable.

Favorite Answer

Take time to bond with your child and let your body fully recover, having another baby to soon is not health for the new baby. And if you are breastfeeding you should try to keep it up until your daughter is at least a year old, getting pregnant to soon could force you to stop nursing. Also you daughter is still little wait until she is walking and running around it wont be as easy to be pregnant chasing a little one around or trying to take care of a small baby and a toddler. Ultimately it is your life some people prefer children closer in age but I think it is better to wait until the older child can understand what is going on.

• boots6

I waited until my first was 11 months old, and that was too soon. Most women say 3yrs apart is best, but mine are 21months apart and they were way too close in age. If you have help or family nearby who can babysit an active toddler while you're 9 months pregnant and waddling after her, then maybe it would be ok. If your first is very easygoing and tolerant, it might be ok. It absolutely didn't work out for me. My 2 yr old would scream every time my newborn would wake up in the middle of the night. One screams, wakes up the other, then you have to put both back to sleep. Usually they alternated, so as soon as I got one to bed, the other would start up. This went on for a year. It was hellish, I had no sleep, and no one to help me other than my husband who had to get up at 5 am for work. My first wasn't even jealous of the baby, he loved her and in general he was a very quiet boy anyway - he was just sensitive to her newborn screams. And the newborn would feed off the toddler screaming. This is the worst case scenario but maybe its a warning for any mother who wants to have them close in age. Im waiting a few more years before having #3. The only upside is that they are 1 and 3 now and can play together, which is fun but then they get into trouble together! GL!

Not crazy! Kids are great! I waited 2 years because my husband and I weren't comfortably financially stable, but if you guys are, go for it. But a 4 month old still needs much attention and care.

It is COMPLETELY up to you and your partner. As for me, I wanted another baby until my daughter was about 10 months old, then decided I wanted to wait. All my friends with babies feel the same way. I think it's hormones after pregnancy. Makes you want more.

Let your baby be a baby! It takes 2 years for your body to be fully ready for another secondly if you get pregnant within a year of your first babies birth your risk of miscarriages are a lot higher.

Source(s): Mother of a 2 year old and 4 month old

If you are 19, you are still young. nine-TEEN. Anyways, wait a few years. Your daughter isn't even 4 months and you are considering a 2nd child. That's a big step. Be careful.

We have 5 kids and when my first was daughter was 4months I got pregnant with my second baby and when we was 3 months I got pregnant with my 3rd baby then had two after her that were 18months apart as long as you can support more and fell ready then go for it :) We have 5 kids ages 1yrs 2yrs 4yrs 5yrs and 6yrs trying for another

Source(s): mother of 5 trying for baby #6

go for it, and start making some babies now since you're financially stable

I say go for it have baby #2 who cares what anybody else says! It's up yo you and your baby's dad!

Give your body a break!