Any dog lovers out there or vets??? PLEASE HELP ME I NEED ANSWERS ASAP?

I have a 6 month out puppy. She is half black lab, I am not sure what the other part she is. Anyways about a week ago she started getting a rash all over her tummy and near her vagina, she is constantly licking at it and not light licking like trying to eat it vigorous licking her crotch. we then started to notice that her ear was bleeding for no reason, so we looked inside her ears and they were coated in tiny red bumps and all red! When ever we touch her ears now she whines and cries even snaps at us because it hurts her so bad, We have an appointment with the vet tomorrow but it keeps getting worse and worse as the day goes on. The emergency vet near us costs 400$! Should I just take her to the emergency place today? What could this be? PLEASE HELP ME AND MY PUPPY!!!!

Favorite Answer

You could have a case of puppy Pyoderma on the stomach eczema..

The ear problem is a whole new ball game. Bleeding ears could be a deep seated infection, food allergy, burr in ear etc Your description is vague but you need a vet.

An ER vet for $400 is a bargain........

Go tomorrow and KEEP that appointment.

Sounds like she's having an allergic reaction to something. It could get worse, so it's probably best to get her to the vet as soon as you can, especially if it's getting worse. If she starts to have any trouble breathing, take her immediately. It sounds like she is in a lot of pain, and licking is not going to make it better. You can't supervise her through the night. If you think it is an allergic reaction, you should call the vet and ask for the doctor. If he/she is not available, ask them to call you back as soon as they are. The doctor can give you some advice as to what you need to do, such as give her a small amount of benadryl, or to bring her in immediately. There are other causes for rashes as well.

You need to ask yourself, is there anything she ate or anything she has been exposed to recently that might have caused this? Try to keep her inside as much as possible. If you have switched her food recently, switch back. You might want to go to the local pet store immediately to get an e-collar (cone-shaped collar to stop licking) so that she can't irritate it more. You can use Neosporin (NOT pain-relieving) for any minor open skin wounds, and aloe vera for relieving some irritation.

The best bet is always to take the animal to the doctor. When you buy a pet, you must prepare financially for these unfortunate surprises. You might get a vet tech or someone to reply, but it will probably be after your appt.

• Itamar

Emergency vets do not cost 400 for a visit. I would recommend you have the dog looked at and if you decide you cannot afford further care you can stop before spending more money. An office call is about 20 or 30 bucks.

The inflammation sounds like some sort of allergic reaction. You can try giving benadryl, about 1mg/pound, but this does not always work and your dog may become more agitated.

• Karen

It sounds like she is allergic to something. Give her benadryl to calm her down. It also sounds like an ear infection too. Pet emergencies are around $100 to $200. And an office visit to a vet varies from $40 to $60. Keep your appointment with the vet. My dog has allergies and was given Allerderm to clear up his tummy and it does.

i do not recognize the guidelines on your state yet i imagine you need to be particular to convey money and a checkbook once you pass to %. up your canines. there replaced right into a huge hurricane right here which blew down component to my fence, which I (stupidly) did not locate till after my canines got here upon out. even although I suggested my canines as lacking and why, I nonetheless had to pay hefty expenditures to get them again... not merely because they were considered "strays" yet really outrageous "boarding expenditures" were further to my fines to boot. Be prepared! convey numerous money and a checkbook/mastercard.

What color is the rash? My family has a few shih tzus and they all get a black rash all over their belly, around their nipples, etc. and they scratchand chew it a lot. One I know is allergic to grass and gets it when she goes outside, the other is probably allergic too but I have not been told she is definately allergic to grass