Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

Why is 0bama piling debt onto future generations?

Favorite Answer

That is not what he is doing, at least not any more than the Bushes or Reagan did. This line about the future generations and debt is silly, especially when asked by Republicans because they believe in their hearts that, "Deficits don't matter" - Dick Cheney.

That's a good question. Mostly it has been because the people, us, want the economy to work. The only thing keeping the economy going is the absurd over-spending by the federal government, as we shall soon learn when that money gets taken away.

You are aware that not everyone has been hurt by the recession. Guess which segments of society have come through quite all right thank you very much. The really poor (if being poor can be considered "quite all right TYVM"), and the really rich. the middle class and lower middle class have really taken it up the wrong end. The solution? Take more from the rich and give less to the poor. Don't forget that the military industrial complex is far from poor and living large on that borrowed money.

As much as as I dislike obama, you can't blame this on him alone. Blame hime BUsh, congress and the federal government for the last 80 years!!! The main problem now is transfer payments. THe old and relatively financially well off are forcing the young and poor and working to pay for them to live a comfortable long live even though their are way more old people...

President Obama is responsible for the lowest government spending growth in 60 years.

That means President Obama is responsible for lower government spending growth than the Conservative hero Ronald Reagan.

How pieces of the Debt/Deficit pie breakout:

-----------------------------------------------------

* Recessions or the business cycle – loss of Revenue (37%);

* Policies enacted by President Bush (33%) Iraq/Afghanistan Wars Unfunded/Medicare D $1 Trillion Unfunded/2 Tax Cuts Unfunded;

* Policies enacted by President Bush and supported/extended by President Obama – Tax Cut Extensions (Now funded), Medicare D (now funded), Ongoing War Costs (now funded), etc… (20%); and

* New policies from President Obama (10%) $787 Billion Stimulus package/40% were Tax Cuts.

Good charts on Debt/Deficit Breakdown from Bush to Obama:

http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/mt/assets/jamesf...

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/0...

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2009/06/09/busi...

Because it makes sure the richie riches have all money to there selfish disposal in the here and now.

Ineptness.

Because we along with many conservatives are cheapskates and want a free ride from our children and present and future grandchildren. Perhaps as punishment for us having to raise them. Makes no sense to me.

That is small potaotos compared to when China is at our door step. I am going to the gun range to learn to shoot with my brother in a week or two. My local gun range offers ladies night.

I don't think it will make a diffrence but at least I will go down with a fight.

So the "me" generation that typifies the average liberal can get what they deem they deserve and are entitled to.

They could care less about their children, or grandchildren.