What do I have to do to get it through his head?

I am nineteen years old, and have been with my boyfriend for two years. He is two years older than me, and we both go to the same college. Ever since the beginning of the relationship, I let him know that I did not believe in having sex before marriage, and that I was, in fact, a virgin. He was totally okay with this, even though every now and then he'd ask, and I always said no.

Lately, though, it's like it's the only thing on his mind. He is constantly coming up with some crazy schemes to get me to do it with him, and I keep refusing and telling him I don't think it's okay. It's my personal belief and he needs to respect it. I know he's been with girls before me, and I'm okay with that, but he doesn't seem to be okay with this.

He has been so awful about it lately. He even accused me of lying about my virginity, and having slept with tons of guys before him, even though I was only seventeen when we began dating. I'll admit, I have had my fair share of boyfriends, even more than he has had of girlfriends, but I have never gone that far, and honestly, it kinda hurts, having him accuse me of lying about something that seems so huge.

I just need to know how the hell do I get this through his head?

Favorite Answer

I'm having the exact same issue with my boyfriend we are coming up on 3 years. Like you I told him from the start that I wanted to wait until marriage. I was very honest with him because I wanted him to know what what he was getting into. He said he respected my beliefs and he did until about 2 months ago. He started bringing it up casually like telling me "We both love each other so why is it a big deal" and "Trust me I'll be safe and you'll like it". What I do is just keep telling him no and even tell him "You knew from the beginning of our relationship how I felt about sex before marriage and told me you would respect my beliefs" The best I can tell you is just stay strong and know that in the society we live in it is a lot to ask of a guy and remember that he has waited two years while most guys wouldn't last 2 months.

Source(s): personal experience

Really, all you can do is what you're doing now. And it obviously isn't working. I know it's kinda extreme, but I'd suggest to end things with him. He obviously isn't getting it, so who know what else he won't get later on in your relationship.