Holly
Lv 4
Holly asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 8 years ago

What do you think of the name Drake? It's underused, right?

It is very unpopular, correct?

Never met anyone with this name! Never HEARD of anyone with this name, have you? :)

Do you like Drake? Why or why not?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Drake is the 219th most popular name in the US. While it's not that popular now it's been getting steadily more ever since it was introduced in 1983. Just because you don't hear it, which I'll admit I don't either, doesn't mean it't not popular. It's actually more used than "common" names Stephen, Johnathan, Simon, Martin, Andy, Johny, and about 200 spots ahead of Jimmy.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

There are a lot of celebrities with the name Drake, the most popular being Drake Bell.

It's definitely a good name though.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

There is a very popular male rapper named Drake. His real name is Aubrey but he goes by Drake. I personally like the name. He's the only one I know named that.

• 8 years ago

There is a famous rapper called Drake.

It's also the name of a male duck.

I think it's a name that sounds nice.

But I honestly prefer Blake.

:-)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

I really don't like it. I honestly think it is very ugly. I've only ever heard of it from the show Drake and Josh that my sister watches and the Canadian rapper who goes by Drake.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Drake and Josh....

Sounds like a duck to me.

• 8 years ago

Actually, it's not unpopular. It's not overused, but it's not unpopular either. I've heard of plenty of people with that name. Personally, I don't like it just because the people I know that that name tend to be annoying.

• Drake makes me think of little male ducks. They are cute but Drake isn't cute for a human.

• I really like it...it's strong and masculine. It sounds good and looks good written down. It means dragon which is really cool. It's a cute name for a child as well as a mature name for an adult. Brilliant name and yeah your right...it's not that common so it would be unique.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.