since i am starting to live my life in christ how can i resist the devil and his evil intentions?

What are tips that I can use in order to keep strong...

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Judging from the vast majority of Christians, once a Christian has their official membership card in their back pocket, they are free to be and do just like everybody else without any niggling worries about unfortunate eternal consequences.

• 8 years ago

Work on the thought life, since this is where the battle is. It's important to identify Satan's lies playing as tapes in one's head, and stop the tape player! Then, deliberately replace the lies with the truth. Instead of "I'm never going to change," repeat the truthful promise that "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" (Phil. 4:13). Instead of obsessing over the aching and longing for the unhealthy and sinful behavior, fill your mind with praise and worship and Scripture.

• Kjw47
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

these 2 teachings of Jesus helps--1) Man does not live by bread alone, but by every utterance of Gods( see how Jesus showed the importance of learning and applying every utterance of Gods,as important as eating)

2) Keep on seeking first the kingdom and his( Jehovah) righteousness, and all things will be added.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

The strongest thing to do would be to face up to the fact that gods, Christ and the devil don't exist rather than hiding from the truth behind religiously inspired feelings of fear and guilt.

@Chris Land: I'm going to start reporting every single one of your questions which advertises that ridiculous website. Advertising/spam, repeat posting and not answering the question properly are all grounds to report you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Do your homework. Study well, read more, listen more and live according to all that you are learning. Follow after the example of Christ. Live as he lived. Not easy. But small steps will get you there.

No shortcuts. But continuously strive.

• Beau
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Now that you are starting to live your life in Christ, realize that Christ/God is the only Reality. There is no devil, nor evil. Keep your focus purely on Christ only.

Peace and Namaste!

• Esther
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Stay away from things that satan uses to get a foothold; certain movies, books, magazines, music, sinful people. Stay in the word. Pray a LOT.

Lv 7
    8 years ago

the devil doesn't exist. it's a scare tactic to join the religion

• fire
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

study and read the bible daily,

pray daily

preach to others

start bible studies

associate with like minded and more mature strong christians.

examine yourself that you are doing God's will.

• 8 years ago

congratulations on your new-found superstition.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.