Where can I buy carbon monoxide at 1.23% or 12,800ppm?

I know very little about gases. also is carbon monoxide an inert gas? can I buy carbon monoxide at a welding supply store. if so how concentrated is it?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Alex
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    1.23% CO with the other 98.77% being what? As far as I know, CO isn't used for welding, so they won't sell it unless they're affiliated with a full service gas supplier like Airgas or Praxair. Generally it would be sold at 100% but they may be able to do custom mixtures.

    But if you don't know much about working with compressed gases, you probably shouldn't be buying it.

    CO is toxic; it bonds with hemoglobin so that it can't carry oxygen. It can take hours for it to be filtered out of blood even when treated with pure oxygen. Concentrations as low as 1600 ppm can be fatal

  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

    There is a list of specialty gas suppliers at the link below. They are your best bet.

  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

    planning suicide?

    do not mess with poisons you do not understand

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.