23 weeks pregnant with no help?

So I'm in a very difficult situation and I'm not sure what to do. I'm 23 weeks pregnant with a little girl. Her father and I are not together due to him being violent towards me and me having him arrested. He isn't willing to help with her when she's born nor help me prepare anything for her. His family hates me because they claim that I ruined his life and they claim that this baby isn't his even though I've been there when he tells them that it is. My family isn't much help because the only people I have are my mother and grandmother, my grandmother hates children and my mother is not in good help so I don't want to put too much stress on her. The stress and depression are killing me because I am constantly worried. I am not the kind of person that depends on people. I work full time at a fairly decent job, pay my own bills, and ask for no kind of help but I know that I will need it when she's born. I'm only taking a 4 week maternity leave so I just don't know what I'm going to do with her while I'm working.

4 Answers

  • 8 years ago

    Ask friends for help? and the whole going back to work thing book her into a day care that will take in new born babies...

    before all of this though try not to get too depressed because it can have really bad consequences after pregnancy

    Hope you get help from friends and family (:

  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

    There are many many programs to help women in your predicament. First thing is first is find a child care place that works with low income people. You can also get and are entitled to child support from the baby's father and by law he has to pay it. If he claims the child is not his to avoid child support then have a court order a paternity test, and have it be paid for by him if he is the father. If he still refuses to pay the courts can deduct it from his paychecks, and any place he works has to do it. This will give you some extra cash to pay for child care while you are at work. As far as baby formula goes you can try to find local programs in your area, I do not know if they have WIC in your area but it is an amazing program that gives you vouchers each month based on your families income and needs. They do this I believe until your child is 5. This will help out with food items such as cereal, milk, fruits and vegetables ect. If you still need help you can also apply for food stamps and cash aid. It is not shameful to ask for help when you need it and if your family is unable to help you and the baby's father will not step up then you are not burdening the system.Hopefully this helps you out and try not to stress. WIC hooks you up with other free programs as well. There are programs where you take classes to get free car seats, and as far as cribs and other stuff goes goodwill, and other places may have used items for cheap.

  • 8 years ago

    I don't know how much longer it will last considering the state of the economy, but there are several resources available to you through the government. Just go to your local Health and Human Services Office. Beyond that, if you find you just can't do it, then I would consider adoption. I wish the best of luck to you and your sweetheart.

  • 8 years ago

    What city are you in? I may be able to help you watch your baby if you are nearby.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.