Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 8 years ago

I'm having my first period! What do I do?!?

Today when I went to the bathroom I noticed my underwear was all red and then I knew what was happening! I was having my FIRST EVER period! I'm having it at an early age too! What should I do and how do I tell my mother this?

Many girls get theirs at a young age and it is completely normal. Well you should start off but putting in a tampon or a pad but if you dont have anything just some toilet paper. Next you should probably tell your mom. Knowing parents she might get emotinal and say "aww youre growing up so fast" or something but she wont get mad. The you should go out and find what works for you (pad/tampon). Hope this helped(:

It is best just to sit down and tell your mom that you are having your period. Some girls get it at a young age, but you should see if your mom thinks you should got to the doctor. Also, go to the store get some pads and Midol because it is not a fun time.

Hon 95% girls start their periods between 11-15 but it can happen as early as 8 or as late as 17. Everyone is different so try not to compare yourself to your friends too much. You could go to your mom alone and tell her. Leave your mom a note. If you have a cellphone with text messaging and your mom is out, you could send her a text message such as "I got my period. Hopes this helps.

well, your moms a girl too, so she will understand if you come right out and tell her. say i got my first period today, can we go get some pads/tampons?