ryan asked in TravelMexicoOther - Mexico · 8 years ago

Can I visit Mexico with a class B misdemeanor pending?

So I'm planning on going on a trip to Mexico w/ my girlfriend, I have my passport and everything ready. But today some of my family members told me I wouldn't be able to, because I currently have a Class B misdemeanor pending. I'm leaving for 10 days and will be back with plenty of time for court. So can I leave or should I just not go on this vacation?

Okay I know mexico wont care but what about the US will there be any trouble getting back in?

Not only getting back but doesnt the US side of the border check your passport before entering mexico?

• Jim 2
    Favorite Answer

You can go to Mexico with felony warrants. Mexico does not have access to any other database than their own and many would no thoroughly understand all the English anyway.

Trust me they do Not do Criminal Checks until you have been arrested on an unrelated matter in Mexico.

I know a couple of Temporary Residents that of course have their FM3s and both have extensive criminal records from 40 years ago Something Mexico does Not allow.

Were you told not to leave the country? Was your passport taken from you? No? then there is nothing preventing you from going. You have not even gone to court yet, you are not on parole, you are not charged with a felony...NOTHING is going to prevent you from going. Ask those family members to show you the source of their info....that ought to shut them up. Mexico does NOT care. They do not do criminal background checks on people entering the country. Even convicted felons can enter Mexico with no problem. Of course you can go to Mexico.

a million. you ought to sparkling up your legal subjects formerly attempting to enlist 2. the army isn't taking criminals ideal now so sure, you would be grew to become down from enlisting