does my friend have a crush on me?

i have been friends with this guy for like 4 years now and i heard people say that he likes me.. i always see him looking at me during class or during lunch. 2 days ago he asked me out and i dont really like him.. ya sure i like him as a friend... i wanna say no but i dont wanna hurt his feelings plus i want ur to stay as friends what should i do?

Favorite Answer

By all means go out with him. See how it goes. It may surprise you. If it doesn't then you will know. That will give you a better understanding as to why you will reject him in the future, without hurting his feelings. It is easy to say that we have tried this and it was not for me, please understand that it is nothing personal and would like to carry on our friendship. I don't know if this will work, as some guys think that when they get their foot in the door they are made. This may not be the case here, so a little explanation may not go amiss.

maybe you can make it a group thing so he knows with out you telling him just be like oh i was supossed to hang out with so and so you wanna come to or something either way i understand its hard to turn a guy down but there is just more important things in life than boys :P