Muslim Islam Marriage Can me and my girlfriend get married at a Masjid?

I need to know if we can get married at a Masjid with it just being only her and me there, no family there

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Assalamu alaykum Of course you can get married with your girlfriend at a masjid or mosque but you must inform the imam of the related mosque before it because it needs a preparation You must bring at least two adult Muslim witnesses for it and the wali of your girlfriend for example her father or her brother and also the wedding gift or mahr or dowry

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Until the marriage used to be performed Islamically by an Imam and a Nikah accomplished, then yes. In Allah's eyes the man can be committing Zina as the marriage shouldn't be recognized with the aid of Allah. If he needs to do this however is anxious about sinning, then he and the woman must simply go have an Islamica marriage accomplished and the Nikah signed.

• 8 years ago

Do you mean to marry with your female friend (same sex marriage). This is haram and strictly forbidden in Islam. No qualified Imam will marry two Lesbian women. Allah says in Quran to lock such women who are guilty of lewdness in the house until death comes to them. It is understood with the Ayahs that Allah doesn't want other women to associate with such women so no one is influenced by their life style.

If you both are marrying with two men then only Imam will perform the marriage ceremoney. You have to talk to Imam yourself or some one else to go and talk to him. People who do not have money to hav big marriage, they have their Nikah done by Imam in Masjid prayer hall. After that if they wanto serve some snakes to friends, it is done in Cafeteria of Masjid. Your question is so brief we can't know how you want to get married.

• 8 years ago

You just need 2 male witnesses, otherwise...your family doesn't have to be there

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

I hope your gf is not a runaway gf otherwise you need wali from your gf side then 2 witnesses.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

She needs her wali and you need 2 witnesses

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

yup u can its allwoed in islam family being there isnt important its just for blessing

• 8 years ago

You can but not with only you and her being there. You will need two witness, one from your side and one from hers.

• 8 years ago

Yeah u can, and if u change your mind with people being there you need the male and females to be seperate :P

• i think so , u need an imam

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.