what is your opinion of offshoring?

Offshoring is a hotly debated issue in the US, especially lately with a downturn in the economy. Has offshoring personally impacted you? Do you think the long-run benefits of offshoring (becoming more competitive, increasing job in other complementary industries) outweigh the short term costs (shut down of some plants and loss of jobs)? Why or why not?

Favorite Answer

It impacted me like other Americans. I am on food stamp too. Even Pizza delivery jobs are not available in U.S.A .Long run benefits?? We are not going to benefit anything, only other Countries will get the benefits. In the past people wanted to come to U.S for a better life. But pretty soon we will be going there to get better jobs and pay!!!!! The new generation from India and other countries do not want to come to U.S any more. They get a very good pay and good jobs there. Offshoring is killing U.S economy.

That's what Americans get for electing president Bush and other idiots

They thought it was a joke when the president sad that 'offshoring is good'

Well, it turned out bad and now people are complaining

Outsourcing bothers me more.

Offshoring - what oil companies do to drill in water.

What bothers me is students that OUTSOURCE their homework to Q&A because they are too lazy to do it themselves.