i want to get ears pierced then gauged, help?

Idk where to get my ears pierced. (I m guy.) I don't want to get diamond looking earings that are ghetto kind of look. If it helps I m more on the heavy side, play football, listen to metalcore music like A Skylit Drive, The Devil Wears Prada, and more bands like them. I want to get to size 00 because I dont want to big or to small.

Favorite Answer

don't, girls don't like it and you'll regret it.

You can get your ears pierced at walmart, and then wait at least a month until you stretch your piercings. You will need to buy tapers and plugs in 18 gauge. That is the first size, and then it goes by two's ( 18, 16,14, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4,2, 0, and the 00) When stretching take your time and go slow so that you avoid blow outs and keloids ( scar tissue). I would suggest reading this ear stretching guide from body jewelry source.com http://www.bodyjewelrysource.com/beginners-guide-t...

that will help you, and also please do some research on this before you go through with it, because it is a lifetime commitment.

Source(s): 2 gauge stretched ears, and lots of research.

Okay, get them pierced at a tattoo/piercing shop, not anywhere that uses a gun like Claire's or Piercing Pagoda. You don't have to get the diamond earrings, I know what's you mean about them leaning more towards the "gangster" style. You can ask for surgical steel earrings that look like this:

http://www.polyvore.com/amazon.com_small_spiked_si...

Or something similar to give off a more edgy vibe.

Good luck!

Yeh don't get diamonds, some plastic or steel studs would look fine. Getting your ears pierced is no problem, it doesent cost much. Or you could get a friend to do it or do it yourself, just be cautious if doing them DIY. Wait a few months before stretching them, and do it very slow, i had a blowout and it wrecked because i jumped up a few sizes too quickly. 00g is a nice size, i had gone 2 sizes larger than that and they were just too much for me so i'm at 0g now.

Don't listen to other answer, there hot and me and my boyfriend got ours done at 00 (: go to a tattoo/piercing parlor to get your ears pierced, wait around 2 months then start stretching them from the smallest.

Go to a piercing/ tattoo shop. They can also consult you about gauging and after care. They can give you advice about jewelry and how big you want to gauge. I wouldn't go past the point of no return tho. That way at least they will shrink back if you want them to. They do need care and cleaning, or they stink.