57 asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 8 years ago

When making cinnamon buns at what point can the dough be refrigerated to delay cooking!?

I have a recipe for cinnamon buns and I don't know if I can make the buns to the point of cutting them and placing in the pan for baking the night before I actually want to cook them?

• M W
    Favorite Answer

After you roll them, fill them and cut them into rounds, place them in the baking pan, cover with cling wrap and refrigerate.

When you want to bake them, bring them out to room temp, allow them to rise for about 20 minutes, then bake.

When making cinnamon buns, you can either refrigerate the dough in the fridge covered with plastic wrap after the dough's done rising (right before you roll it out) or after you cut the roll and place the buns in the pan.

• Tigger

I would refrigerate them before the last rising. Then take them out of the fridge to rise before you bake them. It might take an hour or so, though they will rise just a little in the fridge...