Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

What is the essence of the God?

I think matter or energy is the essence of God, but I am open to other opinions on what it is.

Favorite Answer

Love.

"God is love."

Source(s): I John 4:8

I agree with "Averell A" that God is love----but his answer makes me think of Jesus appearing to one of my favourite Saints, St. Faustina, to teach her and have her spread devotion to His Divine Mercy. In reading about and saying some of the prayers attached to this devotion, it struck me in a way when I saw "Divine Mercy, greatest attribute of God", because, when you really think about it, it is really the greatest thing we can hope for or desire----------to have a God that is Mercy Itself. If it were us that had to put up with so much serious sinning of so many, we would probably barely last a minute (if that)------------while God not only puts up with such horrible sinning, but awaits every singly one of us with open arms, should we just be wise enough to repent and run into His arms.

"Proclaim that mercy is the greatest attribute of God," Christ tells St. Faustina (Diary of St. Faustina, 300). But, actually, mercy is more than God's greatest attribute. It's His entire nature. "All the works of My hands are crowned with mercy," Christ says (Diary,, 300). Without mercy, God wouldn't be God, and Judgment Day or no Judgment Day, if God stopped being God, there would be no more heaven because heaven is where He is. But — Christians, rejoice! — there is a heaven, and it will last throughout eternity because God is eternal. And we will get to live there because God's name is Mercy." (http://thedivinemercy.org/news/story.php?NID=3585)

It is also important to remember that we take advantage of God's great mercy before it is too late. Jesus also said the following to St. Faustina:

"Write: before I come as a just Judge, I first open wide the door of My mercy. He who refuses to pass through the door of My mercy must pass through the door of My justice."

• Hmmm, interesting. I've always thought that energy is the essence of pixie dust.

Imagination, for without a vivid imagination, God would cease to exist.

Fiction, deceit, and money.

powder of nonexistence...

No, no, you're not thinking.