Is this a realistic dream about starting a business?

I'm a sophomore in high school, and for a couple of years, I've had this dream of starting my own business someday. Basically I want to know if it's actually realistic. Could it thrive and make me a good living? I've been playing piano for 8 years. I'd like to major in it in college and... show more I'm a sophomore in high school, and for a couple of years, I've had this dream of starting my own business someday.
Basically I want to know if it's actually realistic. Could it thrive and make me a good living?

I've been playing piano for 8 years. I'd like to major in it in college and maybe minor in business.
In the business, I'd teach piano. I'd also have other music lessons with other teachers. (guitar, voice, band & orchestra instruments).
I'd like to have acting classes and a dance studio.
Maybe an art studio as well with lessons in that.
Possibly a photography class offered.
One thing I'd really like to incorporate would be that they all kind of come together in a way.
(musicians play in actors' plays, artists make the scenery, etc..).
I think it would be really cool to have a recital/performance space actually in the studio.

Is this actually feasible? I don't really know anything about entrepreneurship, but I know it's risky and not easy. Could this business work and could I get it going in a city of about 300,000? What if I moved to Columbus, OH (about 800,000)?

I know it's not a huge deal right now, I'm only a sophomore, I just wanted a little feedback.. Thanks!
1 answer 1