Anonymous

Will I get into a Cal State?

I just applied to most of the top CSUs for engineering. My GPA was 3.2 and my SAT was 950. I just checked the SAT stats and it seems like I may have a fair chance at CSUN and Long Beach. Will I be able to get into the top CSUs for engineering such as Cal Poly SLO and Pomona? I see that the average SAT at CSULB is close to mine, but much higher at the CPs.

Favorite Answer

I think you may have answered your own question. You'll for sure get into CSUN and maybe Long Beach, but the Polys will be a stretch. I think you were referring to the following stats for SATs

SATs/ 1600

Cal Poly 1200s

Cal Poly Pomona 1071

SJSU 1000

Fullerton 1000

-

-

CSULB 962

CSUN 924

CSUDH and LA <900

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_State_Univ...

In addition you'll need close to a 1200 to get into Cal Poly Pomona for Civil, Electrical, Aerospace, Chemical Engineering. I hope you applied to something easier like egnineering technology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cal_Poly_Pomona_Colle...

good luck.

After I utilized for this school as a freshman in 2006, I had a 3.2 gpa and got denied. I had to wait and apply as a transfer earlier than I in the end obtained in. It is no longer as handy as some of the cal state schools, on the grounds that after I was once denied here, I got approved by all of the other cal states that I applied to.

• ?

Look at the SAT vs GPA maps at some of the CSU schools at www.cappex.com and you can figure this out yourself.

no way