Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous

Will I get into a Cal State?

I just applied to most of the top CSUs for engineering. My GPA was 3.2 and my SAT was 950. I just checked the SAT stats and it seems like I may have a fair chance at CSUN and Long Beach. Will I be able to get into the top CSUs for engineering such as Cal Poly SLO and Pomona? I see that the average SAT at CSULB is close to mine, but much higher at the CPs.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I think you may have answered your own question. You'll for sure get into CSUN and maybe Long Beach, but the Polys will be a stretch. I think you were referring to the following stats for SATs

SATs/ 1600

Cal Poly 1200s

Cal Poly Pomona 1071

SJSU 1000

Fullerton 1000

-

-

CSULB 962

CSUN 924

CSUDH and LA <900

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_State_Univ...

In addition you'll need close to a 1200 to get into Cal Poly Pomona for Civil, Electrical, Aerospace, Chemical Engineering. I hope you applied to something easier like egnineering technology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cal_Poly_Pomona_Colle...

good luck.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

After I utilized for this school as a freshman in 2006, I had a 3.2 gpa and got denied. I had to wait and apply as a transfer earlier than I in the end obtained in. It is no longer as handy as some of the cal state schools, on the grounds that after I was once denied here, I got approved by all of the other cal states that I applied to.

• ?
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Look at the SAT vs GPA maps at some of the CSU schools at www.cappex.com and you can figure this out yourself.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

no way

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.