What are easy ways for a group of teachers to share all of the resources they have with each other?

I am part of a group of student teachers who want to stay in contact with each other and want to share many of the resources they may collect throughout the years. Are there any websites that will allow us to easily share documents, powerpoint files, etc? Ideally, I would like a website that is free (we are teachers, after all), has a good amount of space, and that we can organize through multiple folders (subject area, type of files, etc.)

Favorite Answer

Two ideas here:

Google Docs

Dropbox

If you use Google docs, you can share documents, folders, others can modify shared documents (if they have permission), etc. I don't know if Google docs can read powerpoint, but you can share any document type with whomever you give permission. I believe all users will need a Google account, however.

With dropbox, you can share files with others if they have the link. This is probably the less-useful option as people have to download files they want to view. They may not need to install dropbox, but I'm not sure on that.

Any cloud-based storage service should work as long as you can share items with other people, but with Google Docs, you can actually view & modify files in one spot without downloading.

find a teacher forum or blog. i like http://atozteacherstuff.com/

i used it to help with my science bio project. good luck!