Why do movies with Paul Rudd often have characters named Pete or Peter in them?

I was just curious and I can't seem to find this online, but why do movies with Paul Rudd in them often have characters named Pete or Peter in them?

Knocked Up/This is 40: Rudd's character's name is Pete

I Love You, Man: Rudd's character is Peter Klaven

Forgetting Sarah Marshall: Jason's Segal's character is Peter Bretter (Paul Rudd is also in this movie)

I'm sure there are probably more, these are just the ones I've noticed. I was wondering if this is just a coincidence or if the names Pete or Peter have a special significance to these actors which is why they often have characters by this name in their movies. If there is a real explanation to this I would really be interested in knowing, thank you!

Damlovash: gosh I didn't count them, I just so happen to have seen all these movies recently and the name kept popping up so I was curious. Don't have to be such a jerk about it.

Favorite Answer

Of the 82 movies Paul Rudd has been in, you managed to pick the only two in which he is named Peter or Pete.

That's not even frequently enough to be considered even a coincidence. Two out of 82 is a measly 2%.

So no "real explanation" is necessary for this.

• kenton

I have 2 guy pals named Steven and Gerald. because severe college Steven's pals and family individuals (except his grandmother) have noted as him Steve with the aid of the indisputable fact that is what he prominent. Gerald's mom insisted that her little ones names under no circumstances be shortened or "nicked" so pals and family individuals under no circumstances did it. even as he grew to develop into an human being he replaced into correcting close pals he met. some human beings had shortened the call to Gerry; yet those were merely friends. really than staggering as he had considered finished his finished life, he followed the prepare of answering to friends and strangers in spite of the indisputable fact that he replaced into addressed. nonetheless, close pals and family individuals always noted as him by technique of his finished given call. yet another chum, whose father I worked with, had the given call Jerry Francis (boy). He replaced into continuously being requested what his finished given first call replaced into? truly, Jerry replaced into the call on his start certificate and under no circumstances shortened or "nicked" from yet another. So your Peter can stay Peter from infancy to adulthood (if that is what's wanted) with out any complications. in my opinion, i imagine Peter is a very good call for a boy.