Just updated to the new itunes. it sucks, how can I restore the old one?

It won't let me move books from one device to the other without a full sync. I just want to move three books to a friends ipad.
Update: In the old version you could open another device, and drag and drop books from your itunes into the other device. Either that is no longer possible or I have not figured it out yet. You can no longer have two devices open at the same time. Yea apple, done it again. For that matter I can't even find out the... show more In the old version you could open another device, and drag and drop books from your itunes into the other device. Either that is no longer possible or I have not figured it out yet. You can no longer have two devices open at the same time. Yea apple, done it again. For that matter I can't even find out the name or number of the new version... ??? help please