Steam gifting questions?

Hello!This might sound silly,but I'm not really into computer games at all(a console person,myself),so I have questions...I'm planning on buying my boyfriend two games from steam as "gifts" so that I can gift it to his account.

1.Is steam actually a good gaming place,or just mainstream and for noobs?

2.Gifting stuff on steam works,right?It says so on their website,but I want to double check that my boyfriend doesn't have to like,trade me something in order to get the games. Also,I can hold onto the unactivated games until Christmas,right?

If you could let me know about this stuff,that'd be great!

Favorite Answer

Steam owns 70% of the online game distribution market, so I'd assume that it is a good gaming place and certainly not for noobs. As a matter of fact, Steam is seen by most as the go-to place to shop by experienced users. You'll need to make an account before you can make a purchase though, but once you do Steam gives you the option to store your gift to send at a later date. Just select "Purchase as a Gift" after selecting to add it to your cart. It will then give you the option of "Store the gift in my inventory to send later"

Source(s): Wikipedia article on Steam, personal experience.
  • outman

confident, as long as you probably did no longer settle for it. in case you probably did no longer settle for it then flow to video games on the right left, then "handle presents and concentrated visitor passes". you may have the ability to deliver it from there.