My 14 year olds strange addiction. What can I do now?

I have two kids. A fifteen year old son and a 14 year old daughter. Ever since my daughter was one she has been addicted to rubbing receipts on body (especially her face and hands). I am not sure as to why she is addicted to receipts exactly, but I know that when she is really stressed, upset, happy, cranky,... show more I have two kids. A fifteen year old son and a 14 year old daughter.

Ever since my daughter was one she has been addicted to rubbing receipts on body (especially her face and hands). I am not sure as to why she is addicted to receipts exactly, but I know that when she is really stressed, upset, happy, cranky, tired, anything she has to rub herself. She doesn't care if we are in public or who sees her. She has to do it.

She loves Walmart, Target, and Albertsons receipts the best and Home Depot and Lowes are close seconds. It's not even that we give her any. She will ask people for theirs (relatives and even a few strangers who were going to throw them away). She has even gone dumpster diving for them once. Lt year she announced that when she gets married, she wants them all sewn into the linning of her wedding dress so she can have them with her on her wedding day (and she is completely serious about that)

She also has to have all 459 (that is the last she counted them.) with her at all times or she gets really bad anxiety. She will keep them in her purse, pockets, socks and shoes, inside of her bra, anywhere she can keep them. Also she loves to sleep with them. She will dump them all onto her bed and lay in them or have them cover her or what ever it is that she wants that particular night.

My husband, my son, and I have all been trying to get her off of them. We have tried counseling a few times, but she won't talk to the therapist. We have tried stealing them from her and burning them (that only made her have such a bad anxiety attack that she passed out). We have tried taking them from her while she is awake (she gets very protective of her receipts. I had my husband try it a few times and...lets just say it didn't go we'll at all.). We have tried talking to her about it and how it will affect her health. We have begged, pleaded, bribed. We have tried convincing her to pick up a hobby such as sports or art (she loves to play soccer and loves to draw), but she won't do it if she has to give up her receipts. We have tried insulting her pride by it. Nothing is working.

Her health is getting really bad. She has horrible acne and she doesn't want to go out with friends very much any more. I am also worried about all of the germs that are on those receipts.

What can I do? I need her to stop. I just don't understand why she has this addiction. I know people say it could be because she wasn't given enough love as a child, but we have been very open. We are a very close family and we love to spend time with each other. Please help me.

And you know what the really sad part is, is that my daughter doesn't think she has a problem. She thinks this is very healthy and that we are all being very paranoid.