Cops claimed they took my license because I "refused" a blood test? But I did pass a breathalyzer?

The cops came while I was sitting in my car with the lights on, and they asked me questions and told me to walk a straight line. It was very cold out, so I was shaking a little while walking the line. Also they asked if I had any drugs or anything and I just told them I took my prescriptions which is only 2 pills... show more The cops came while I was sitting in my car with the lights on, and they asked me questions and told me to walk a straight line. It was very cold out, so I was shaking a little while walking the line. Also they asked if I had any drugs or anything and I just told them I took my prescriptions which is only 2 pills and it doesn't say I can't drive while taking it. My personality is such that I might appear a little sluggish or slow, but that is just the way I am normally and it has nothing to do with any medicine or anything. Even my doctor knows that is just the way I am. So I was like that when the cops saw me and I guess maybe they assumed I was impaired just because I looked like that when it was just my personality. They took me to the station and they never even asked me to take a blood test, but they did ask me to take a breathalyzer test and I passed it. After that they took my real license and just gave me a 45 day temp license, and I have to mail in a paper along with a $125 fee to have a hearing about getting my real license back. It says they took my license due to "refusal to take a blood test," but they never even offered me a blood test. Also I did take a breathalyzer test and I passed that.

Questions: 1) How can they say they took my license because I "refused a blood test" when they never even offered me a blood test? Also I did take a breathalyzer test and I passed that, so how could they take my license? I'm just trying to figure out if I should even have to pay the $125 fee and have a hearing when they didn't even legally have a reason to take my license.

2) They are saying I have to go to court due to "driving while impaired (by my prescriptions)," but they never did any physical test that could actually prove I was impaired (i.e. no blood test). It seems they were only going based on how I looked/acted, which I explained is just the way my personality is. Even my doctor knows this. Can they legally charge me and make me have to go to court only based on observed behavior without having any physical evidence, or will the case likely be dropped?